The MAX® E-series combines a contemporary, rimless design with state of the art technology. The fully-featured REEF-SPEC® MAX® E system provides everything necessary in order to enable you to enjoy the beauty and diversity of your own piece of thriving coral reef, rather than worrying about component selection, suitability and compatibility.
The MAX® E-Series features the very latest in reef-keeping technology including the Hydra 26™ HD LED lighting with Wi-Fi control, REEF-SPEC® filtration and circulation systems, a revolutionary modular sump system and a one-plug control panel.
Hydra 26™ HD LED lighting
- Providing the most up to date LED technology to give superb performance and a remarkably user-friendly interface.
- The Hydra 26™ HD unit offers a full spectrum, 7 colour LED configuration giving great colour rendition and a multitude of lighting effects.
- The revolutionary control system dynamically adjusts the power available to each colour by utilising power not being used by other colours, effectively enabling selected channels to be ‘boosted’ to above 100% output. The lighting is fully controllable via a built-in WiFi which is compatible with iOS and Android devices and with any WiFi-enabled Mac or PC.
- At only 90w power consumption per Hydra 26™HD, the MAX® E achieves excellent performance at a fraction of the running costs of using traditional T5 Fluorescent lighting. The LED unit is firmly bolted to the aquarium and can be rotated to give easy access to the rear sump for all of the regular maintenance requirements or for reefscaping.
- The MAX® E-170 reef aquarium system uses a single 90W 26HD LED unit while the MAX® E-260 reef aquarium system has 2 units that are seamlessly paired together by the Wi-Fi controller.
Dual sump options for total flexibility
- The MAX® E-Series feature a unique sump system, enabling simple conversion of the integrated rear sump into a fully operational stand alone in-cabinet sump.
- Start your reef with the built-in rear sump that houses the complete REEF-SPEC® filtration and circulation systems. If you decide to add additional equipment such as a calcium reactor, the modular filtration system can easily be expanded by installing an optional Red Sea in-cabinet sump.
- Red Sea’s unique overflow system, with its fully regulated silent-flow downpipe (as used in the top-of–the-range S-Series), easily connects to the integrated multiport bulkhead without the need for any cutting, gluing or emptying of the entire aquarium.
- The optional sump conversion kit includes a customized glass sump with a dedicated constant height skimmer chamber, a flow-regulated overflow system and an integrated automatic top up.
The front and two side panels of the Max® E-Series are constructed from Ultra-Clear glass for the ultimate viewing experience. The 12mm thickness of the front panel allows us to avoid using bracing bars, enabling a clean rimless design with smart beveled edges top and bottom.
Twin European Eco pumps used in the MAX® E-260 provide 4,300 l/h (1100g/h) of water flow, circulating the entire water volume 16 times an hour through the filter system.
MAX® E-170 is equipped with 2150l/h pump. The flow is returned to the aquarium via the discrete multidirectional “eye ball” nozzles that can be adjusted to ensure there are no dead spots within the aquarium, preventing harmful detritus from building up on the corals.
The MAX® E-Series aquariums are divided into 2 parts – Aquarium and the Rear Sump that discretely houses all of the filtration and circulation systems. The MAX® E-Series sumps contain multistage filtration consisting of a REEF-SPEC® protein skimmer, activated carbon and mechanical filter materials. The sump has dedicated space available for additional chemical filter media as well as the addition of a chiller.
The heart of the filtration system is the protein skimmer. The MSK 900 skimmer implements Red Sea’s REEF-SPEC® criteria for SPS corals, passing the entire volume of the aquarium water through the skimmer at least 3 times per hour and with a 3 to 1 water to air ratio. The design of MAX® E skimmers is not affected by the regular fluctuation in the water level of the rear sump due to evaporation and has an adjustable outlet gate to maintain the optimal skimmate consistency which will vary according to actual water conditions. The new skimmer pump and impellor run cooler and quieter than before and the built in silencer on the air intake does a great job of eliminating skimmer noise.
The rear sump includes a convenient media rack for Red Sea’s new highly adsorbent phosphate-free REEF-SPEC™ Carbon which is supplied with the MAX® E system, and has extra shelves for the easy addition of other chemical filter media.
Electrical Control System
The MAX® E-Series incorporates the one-plug MAX® concept and features a power center with easy access to 7 individually switched power sockets for all system electrical sub-components. The power center is conveniently located in the cabinet and enables safe and easy control of all of the MAX® sub-systems.
The MAX® E-Series feature a marine-spec laminate cabinet fronted with weatherproof epoxy painted doors with convenient push openers as well as soft close stainless steel hinges. The cabinets are ventilated to provide convection cooling for a chiller. Offered with black or white exteriors, all cabinets have a black interior which maintains its clean appearance over time.
Aquarium dimensions (including cabinet, but without L.E.D lights)
- Length 24″ (60cm)
- Width 22.6″ (57.5cm)
- Height 56″ (142cm)
- Height without cabinet 22″ (55cm)