Tetra SafeStart is a liquid that contains good bacteria. When added to new fresh water fish tanks, it allows the rapid introduction of fish. It may also be used to lower harmful ammonia and nitrite in the water.
Because SafeStart contains live bacteria, you must remove chlorine from the water before adding. For this reason, we suggest using Tetra AquaSafe before Safestart is added.
How much Tetra SafeStart do I need?
- 5ml (1 Teaspoon) of SafeStart treats 6 litres (1.32 Imperial Gallons)
- 50ml bottle treats up to 60 litres
- 100ml bottle treats up to 120 litres (26.4 Imperial gallons)
- 250ml bottle treats up to 300 litres (66 Imperial Gallons)
- Kick starts new aquariums by adding good bacteria
- Lowers ammonia and nitrite naturally
- Helps remove cloudy water
- Restores biological filters after medication has been used